It gives us great pleasure to announce that from the 2020/21 season we are proud to offer EcoKit by Hope & Glory – our fully bespoke kits just got Eco friendly!
These kits are a part of our commitment to a sustainable future, making football kits using rPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate) with a lower environmental impact. Both the shirt and shorts are made from rPET fabric, which is made from recycled plastic bottles that have been melted down to produce a fine yarn (see the full process here).
Every shirt is manufactured using a piece of fabric made from the equivalent of approximately 16 plastic bottles. Our EcoKit material behaves in the same way virgin polyester would meaning no difference in performance from our standard kits – if anything the EcoKit fabric has a more premium feel, smoother to the touch and slightly lighter.
The full detail regarding our EcoKit can be found our site here; ecokit.hgsportswear.co.uk
The important info in brief!
Plastic bottles are cleaned and then shredded into small flakes, the flakes are melted and formed into pellets. The pellets are melted again and extruded through micro holes to create the yarn. The yarn is then made into the fabric we use to make our EcoKit shirts & shorts.
• rPET is made by a mechanical process, virgin polyester is made by chemical process.
• rPET produces up to 65% less carbon footprint to virgin polyester, and 12% less than cotton.
• rPET requires 90% less water to produce than virgin polyester.
• rPET uses 70% less energy than used to make virgin polyester.
• Virgin polyester is made using crude oil…obviously rPET doesn’t! So saving on fossil fuels too!
For further information or to find out how to get your club in our EcoKit for the 2020/21 season call 0161 647 6466 or email email@example.com